Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 8: Back on the plan and enjoying it

Breakfast

Jolene's Good Morning Juice
1 bunch green kale
6 carrots
6 apples
1/2 head celery
2 pears

Serves 2.5 people.
Snack
Bacon Wrapped Dates from Paleo Plan.


The perfect blend of salty and sweet, this delightful treat will be a repeat in my house. Easy to make and an epic level of deliciousness. A++ grade in my house!

Lunch
Sweet Tomatoes for lunch today. Easy to stay within the Paleo guidelines when it's an open salad bar. Yes, it was hard to stay away from the other offerings (foccacia and blueberry muffins, two of my favorites), but the salad I made really hit the spot. The disastrous experience with stepping back into grains from the night before was fresh in my mind, so staying away was a little easier than it might have been previously.

Snack
Envy Apple


Dinner
Just Plain Chili from Paleo Plan



This is exactly as advertised: It's chili. I used ground Angus beef and I was very liberal with the spices. I like my chili with kick and this chili is mild. Served over Paleo Cornbread from Kelly at A Girl Worth Saving.



A recipe so nice we tried it twice! We don't have butter in my house (dairy-free, ya'll), but it's good drizzled with raw honey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment