Friday, November 2, 2012

Day Six: Recipes and Chipotle

Breakfast
Salty Lemonade
Autumn trail mix: pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, dried apples, dried cranberries, almonds, walnuts. This is a delightful mix, but I wish there was a bit more fruit in it.

Snack
Dry roasted almonds and coffee

Lunch
We have a salad bar in my work building, so I helped myself to leafy greens, turkey, ham, hard boiled eggs, sunflower seeds, raisins, and olive oil. It was a singularly delicious salad, unfortunately it didn't stick to the ribs and I was hungry an hour later.

Snack
Plain non-fat Greek yogurt with organic raw honey and fresh raspberries. I created a small serving and then couldn't eat it all. It was too sweet!

Dinner
Chipotle Salad. I had lettuce, double steak, pico de gallo, and their medium salsa. It was heavenly! And reasonable (415 calories, 62g protein).

Snack
Sweet potato. Straight up, ya'll.

My food is becoming more "traditional" Paleo, which I expected. I love the simplicity of this diet plan. I love how much energy I have throughout the day, and the fact that I no longer have the massive blood sugar crashes in the afternoon. I love that I'm drinking less caffeine because I'm energized by my diet. I sleep like a stone and my running times are improving. I've not seen a single pound of weight loss, which I had hoped to, but it's only been 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment